Thursday, August 4, 2011

You Were Born to Lead, You Were Born for Glory

Fam,
I can't remember if I shared this speech with you previously. I hope I did. But when I was listening to it again today, I realized I needed to communicate it to you because it is about YOU. That's what I love about this talk. Sister Dew does a good job articulating your importance, potential, and value, so I am going to let her do it. And I encourage you to heed her words and draw upon the power of God. You will go forward unflinching, indomitable. You were born to lead. You were born for glory.

Everything you do in life should be measured against that grand standard.

audio:
http://speeches.byu.edu/download.php/Dew_Sheri_L_122003.mp3

text:
http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=4525&x=57&y=7

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. [Isaiah 40:28–31] I have learned for myself that this is true--that because of our Father and His Son, we don't have to run this last strenuous leg of the relay alone. We have access to the greatest and grandest of all power. And when we have the power of God with us, we truly can do all things--including everything we were born to do. And you were born to lead. You were born for glory.

I love you, dad

No comments:

Post a Comment