Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Talents

All play just one part of the symphony, but together we make really great music.

We had such a fun family activity recently. The whole group of us went cross country skiing. I have come to the ominous conclusion that I am not twenty years old anymore. Yes. It's shocking, I know, but definitely unsettling to me the most, I am sure.

Difficult, yes. Graceful, no. Nevertheless, I had fun and support and help and compassion and good examples all around me. Perhaps the best realization of all is that I am not alone and those that surround me everyday are the very people that I would choose from all the world.


I don't really expect to attain the musical superiority of Beethoven or the artistic prowess of Michelangelo in this life, but that's OK. Their talents are different than mine.

A refreshing perspectiveperhaps a helpful point-of-viewis that rather than a final appraisal these obstacles are really just opportunities for improvement.

DON'T ONLY PRACTICE YOUR ART,
BUT FORCE YOUR WAY INTO ITS SECRETS,
FOR IT AND KNOWLEDGE CAN
RAISE MEN TO THE DIVINE.
--Ludwig van Beethoven

My talent, my blessing, is the best family ever. And we're just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment