Saturday, February 18, 2012

An Instrument in His Hands

Fam,
I attended a Leadership Training event recently that was wonderful. You can watch various segments of the meeting or see the entire thing here. Watch it all. You'll be glad you did.

Many brethren and sisters spoke, and I took pages of notes. But I can only share a few of my observations here. Russell M. Nelson gave a remarkable presentation wherein he said that we stress family, home, and marriage because they are central to our deliverance. Homes must be our sanctuaries. Marriage is ordained of God. Sealing ordinances of the temple are essential to our salvation.

Home is central to our edification as Church members. Children bring along and strengthen their parents. We are commanded to minister unto and pray for them that struggle. And through our service, the Lord promises to heal those that are willing and bring salvation unto them.

Toward the end of the meeting, a story was told that out of love, a 13-year-old boy in Arizona pushed himself to the limit so that his friend, who has cerebral palsy, could participate with him in a triathlon. "I found out that I can do hard things," he concluded.

It was inspirational to me, and I thought you too would enjoy it.

I love you, dad

No comments:

Post a Comment