Friday, September 21, 2012

The Gardner

In the scripture story of the ten lepers, only one of the men returned to thank the Lord for cleansing him. I have thought, like you, that if I were in that situation, I certainly would have been the one who returned to say thanks after I had just been made clean. Similarly, we face challenges in this life. And I hope that we are mindful of Who helps us through these difficulties, and that at every opportunity in our prayers we thank the Father for sending His Son to make us clean, so that we might inherit the mansion He has prepared for us, despite whatever our challenges may be at any particular time.

As Elder Christofferson notes, all of us can meet God's high expectations, however great or small our capacity and talent may be. The attitude and practice we need to adopt to meet our Heavenly Father's high expectations is this: Willingly accept and even seek corrections. Someday when you are laden with fruit... Forgiveness for my ungratefulness. Let us pray for His love-inspired correction.

I really like the following video. You may have had heard this message before, but the presentation in this video is particularly moving. I also really like the title "The Will of God" because His plan for us is much greater than what we can even imagine for ourselves. And joy is His purpose for all of use. Challenges then are "love-inspired correction."

Thanks be to the Lord for His Grand Plan of Happiness!

The Profound Power of Gratitude (read this; you'll be glad you did)

No comments:

Post a Comment