Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Daughters of a King

Life is full of surprises.

As a young father, I never imagined having five daughters...it never even crossed my mind.
I didn't realize this disparity of thought until I looked back years later, but the Lord knew that's what I needed. I couldn't have known but feel so lucky.

Really, what could be better than that?

New Beginnings, first date, Prom, and seminary graduation. These are just a few of the events in a young woman's life that are memorable and significant.

Tongue-in-cheek some may goad me "How could you ever raise that many daughters?"  I wonder, too. It's a fair question, but they don't realize what they are asking.

How could I have been so lucky to receive the choicest of God's creations. I'm not worthy, but then it's not because of me.

We are given opportunities, not because we deserve them, but because our Father and His Son are building the Kingdom of God on earth, and we are instruments in their hands.

That's a lot different than putting up with an unsavory chore--it's a blessing to feel of His confidence and a privilege to be given the chance. Alone, I am weak, but I have not been abandoned. He covenants that we will have help. My daughters aren't just mine. They are His, and each holds the promises of all eternity and will nuture nations to come.

All families are unique. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone. Family make-ups vary vastly. They were never established to be compared against one another.

But for me, my five daughters are such a blessing.

Yes. I am simply a tool in His Hands and totally happy with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment