Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Half Way

I woke up to a surprise recently...it was my 50th birthday, a milestone I never really thought about until it was at the doorstep--now it has passed. But it was memorable and significant for many reasons.

It was the best day! Thanks family for remembering me!

When I got up that morning, I showered and got dressed. Before I was fully clothed, I opened the door innocently and was greeted with the following scene: 50 balloons each with a note of appreciation and love from the others in the family (all my children, Nick, and Linda). If you look closely, you may be able to see birthday cards on the bed and a plate of breakfast behind one of the yellow tags.

Amazed and totally taken by surprise, I thought I should read them even though the family was at the moment down in the kitchen. I started reading them and only got about half way through before I was crying so hard I couldn't see well enough to continue reading. I am such a lucky man!



This is just a snippet of the fun and memorable events of the day. The Lord has blessed me my whole life. My cup runneth o'er.

To all of you who were involved in this surprise, thank you. What wasn't a surprise is that I have the greatest family ever!

Can't wait to share the next 50 years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment