Saturday, September 14, 2013

Best

Whatever I achieve in this life will pale in comparison to the joy and happiness I receive from my family, including my decision to marry mother in the temple and have all you children. This blessing brings me great joy everyday of my life and will continue to be the source of eternal happiness in the world to come.

I found a cassette tape recording of my dad today which was somewhat of a surprise. I didn't even know that I had it, which he made for I suppose a priesthood lesson he delivered. His teachings were familiar and consistent. "I have found that the spiritual gifts spoken of in scripture can most assuredly be ours when our lives are in harmony with the Savior’s teachings and commandments." Like always, his words comforted me and gave me renewed hope.

His comments, his careful, methodical and comforting mannerisms were apparent. Though I had not heard his voice for nearly five years now, it was familiar, welcoming, and warm. I imagine it will be like that with all our ancestors when we thrill to introduce our children and spouse to them with pride and delight.

But for now, we relish the memories and look forward with hope to that marvelous reunion.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you; … nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.”
D&C 78:17,18

1 comment:

  1. Wow, dad. I would LOVE to hear the recording sometime. That's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete