Monday, September 5, 2022

Audacious

Inclined Toward Melancholy is an interesting phrase  .. what does it even mean? Naturally, I Googled it to learn more. I found "a feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause."

Not that one can rely on Google as an always reliable source for information, but at least I was willing to ask for guidance.

Responding to a sincere question about his beliefs, emeritus chief Judge Wallace answered sincerely in a way that could have been me. “I’m a Mormon,” he said, “a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.” He paused for a moment and then continued: “And I’m a believing and faithful member of my church. I really believe it. I don’t just believe part of it or believe it some of the time. I believe all of it all of the time. It teaches me that we are all created in the image of God and that we are all His children. It teaches me that I have to love and show respect to everyone.”

This description is exactly how I feel. It put into words the feelings I have in my heart and is in agreement with the sum total of the lessons learned in my life. I appreciate these words because they simply and succinctly articulate in my mind how I would try to explain my beliefs.

Similarly, when Brett Scharffs addressed the students at BYU, he also reflects my sentiments spot on.


https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/brett-g-scharffs/audacious-faith-appreciating-unique-power-singular-appeal-lds-doctrine/

I told myself that when I shared this piece, I was going to be brief and succinct. As such I have not included the answer to the problem with evil, the appeal of religious freedom for all or gone on to explain further the audacious faith of the Gospel of Jesus Christ shared by the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have already said too much.

No. You will have to explore this on your own if you want to learn more about these things beginning with listening to the above video.

If you like, however, I am happy to help. Just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment