Sunday, July 21, 2013

Testimony

You may have pondered the question "If you were brought before a court of law for being a follower of Jesus Christ, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" This has always been an interesting question to me, but perhaps even more so recently.

As we travel through life's challenges, we cross paths with people who we can influence and those that will impact our lives. Though we may separated by years or miles, our influence will continue even though we have not spoken for many years. Frequently, I wonder if I will have a lasting impact for good on those I meet. I wan't to influence others for good just as you do. That's why I pose the question.

This last Fast and Testimony meeting, we heard beautiful experiences that witnessed of God's grace. A couple significant thoughts that struck me that morning follow:
  • Murmuring blinds us of Heavenly Father's tender mercies in our behalf. Don't ask "why is this happening to me," but instead consider "what can I learn from this?" 
  • Suffering let's us better know, appreciate, and love the Savior for the agony He wrought in our stead to bring about our salvation and the Great Plan of Happiness. 
  • Our challenges are blessings in disguise. Did you ever think of Castle Valley as our wilderness? It occurs to me that the similarities are remarkable between the events surrounding Lehi leaving his riches and taking his family into the wilderness and our family following Granny and Grandpa after they received inspiration to take our family to Castle Valley (the wilderness). In both cases, difficult obstacles were overcome and resulted in many blessings (the promised land). 
And so it is with each of you. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ won't forsake us if we will but follow him.

Grandpa has said so well what is in my heart today: Grandpa's testimony

If I am on trial for this, I pray my life will convict me.

No comments:

Post a Comment