Sunday, March 18, 2012

The best decision I ever made

Every once in a while you choose a course of action that blesses you over and over thoughout your life. I'm sure we can all look back with gratitude and think of situations where we made the right decision:
  • I am so glad I didn't end up buying that jelopy
  • Deciding to move changed my life (for the better)
  • Saving for a rainy day has really blessed me

Hindsight is 20-20 or so they say. We make millions of decisions in our life time. So what is the best decision I ever made? That one is easy. The best choice I ever made was to marry your mother in the right place, at the right time, by the right authority. Hands down that was the best decision of my life. Buying that business, choosing that major, going on a mission, and getting an education were all important decisions, but each one pales in comparison to the best choice.

I could go on and on about the wonderful family your mother has given me, our beautiful home, her constant love and support, her patience with my shortcomings, and her love and support amid challenging times. But to list all the ways she has blessed my life would fill volumes. She is exempliary in so many ways.

She recognizes the importance of family and spending time together as loved ones here and now. She insists on including everyone in the family where possible, and she is never happier than her saddest child. It's fun to be with her. It's great to have her here at my side. You never know when the time you say goodbye to someone important to you will be your last. Your mother is the one that initiated the if-you-love-em-tell-em attitude within the family of always saying "I love you" upon departing. It's wonderful. I love that about our family.

Yes. Your mother is the best thing that ever happened to me. That good decision will bless me forever. I love you, Linda.

1 comment: