Monday, March 31, 2014

Be a disciple

This has been a wonderful week. I am getting clarity each day what the Lord has in store for me and my life. It's a great, liberating feeling.

I have often remarked how the priesthood session of conference is my favorite. That has been true for many years, but this week I have to say there was a close contender. Saturday evening a historic gathering of women eight years and older convened in a general women's meeting for the first time ever. What was unique about this assembly was that women of all ages came together to testify of Jesus Christ and celebrate his life. Daughters of God all across the world joined in worshiping Him. This meeting was broadcast live. We were all well taught. 

How grateful I am the Lord has prepared this tremendous resource for all of my daughters. I sat at home and literally wept for joy. Many spoke beautiful words and sang uplifting songs. You can watch the rebroadcast.

All across the world, women are sharing uplifting quotes, images, and videos from the general women’s meeting with others using the following hashtag #WomensMeeting moments following.

Linda K. Burton recognized the faithful followers of Jesus Christ who do the following:
Glory in the Lord
Keep the commandments
Open their mouths
Go forth boldly
Family history
Temple work
Sustain
Defend

That's what disciples do...

As President Eyring concluded, we are among the favored few to even learn of these principles and receive help from covenant sisters. He shared a special story about 84-year-old Ruby Haight.

The Savior lives. He paid the price for all of our sins that we may return and live with our eternal family in everlasting happiness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment