Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thrilling

Occasionally words fall short.

I pride myself on being able to articulate my feelings, but sometimes words are not enough. 

Hour-and-a-half layover in Denver didn't sound too thrilling, but when I realized my initial flight was nearly an hour late, I was grateful. It turned out that as we arrived in Denver, the stewardess asked everyone that was not catching a connecting flight to stay seated, while those with connections disembarked. I gathered my belongings quickly and hurried off the plane. I offered a thank you to those waiting in their seats as I walked by. We were at gate A40, and I needed to get to gate A34. Fortunately, I was in the right concourse, so I literally dashed past travelers and started running to my gate. When I arrived, there were two travelers ahead of me, and the attendants were checking their luggage. An attendant said to me. "The plane is filled to capacity. There is no more room in the overhead bins." I accepted the claim stub as he took my boarding pass and attached the claim ticket to my carry-on bag and stowed it beneath in the luggage compartment. I boarded the plane and found my seat. I was the last one on the plane. The door shut behind me--talk about cutting it close.

At times during mortality, we get glimpses of perfection--a sunset, moment in time, or feeling of euphoria...hope that we can have a better life, grander blessings, continual peace, and everlasting happiness.

Practicing the gospel principles during life helps prepare us for an eternity of implementing them and in turn receiving incomprehensible joy.

Now that is thrilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment