Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blessed with Daughters

It's a funny story to think back on how we came about having five daughters. I never imagined it in my wildest dreams. Perhaps more accurately, I never contemplated the possibility. So when it happened as it did, it was such a surprise! But when I think back now on what a blessing it has been to have five wonderful daughters, I feel very fortunate.

The Young Women's theme appropriately describes you, your eternal value, and limitless potential:

“We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love him. We will ‘stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places …’ as we strive to live the Young Women Values, which are Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, and Integrity. We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.”

I see each one of you far surpassing my fondest dreams. Your mother and I admire and love you. We are privileged to be associated with you.

There is no question in my mind that you were among the "noble and great ones" in the premortal world foreordained to fill important roles in this our day. Abraham 3:22-23

I'm the luckiest man alive.




No comments:

Post a Comment