Sunday, June 9, 2013

The title Father

Next week is Fathers Day. For the last several weeks, I have written about some memories of my dad. I have tried to share the wonderful attributes I see in my father and cause you to think about and appreciate the blessing of having good ancestral fathers to guide and help you through your lives. I thank God daily for a good upbringing and righteous parents.

We all have great memories of fantastic fathers that love us, nurture us, and give of themselves in our behalf whether from this side of the veil or the other. As a son, I have had a unique relationship with my father. I am grateful everyday for my bond with him, which directs my life and decisions.

But today I would like to focus on another Father. He is most kind, most compassionate, and the most high God. Of all the possible titles, He chose Father. Because we are His children, we can have confidence, reassurance, peace, and hope. And we know Him because of the revealed truth of the Son...the Father and the Son are one in purpose, unity, and character.

All the attributes of Jesus Christ that you see and know and have come to love and revere, those are also the qualities of our Heavenly Father. John 5:19

The great traits we see in our own fathers are simply manifestations of His love and character.

That's the special occasion and memory we have this Father's Day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment