Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Joy

Carols are ringing through the house. Holiday lights have been lit. The Christmas tree is decorated. Holly adorns our stairway. Goodies spill out of the kitchen. Nativity reminds us of our joy. And a wreath hangs at the door.

So what is different about Christmas this year? My daughters instigated all the decorating this time around. I helped, at least I think I did.
First, we put the lights up. Emily did the ones I couldn't reach.
Rearranging the room to accommodate the tree seemed like too much work - they did.
The tree boxes are way too big without getting some help; we can't move them - they did.
I said that we would never be able to raise the tree by ourselves - they did.
Try as I might, I couldn't get the tree lights connected properly - they did.
But we will never get the top on the tree "There is no way you can do that" - they did.

You are probably beginning to see a pattern here...

Below is a beautiful 4-minute Christmas music video from the College of Fine Arts and Communications at BYU.  My good friend wrote the music and alumni, students and staff designed and produced the music and accompanying video.



We benefit in so many ways from others who can help and bless and lift us by contributing in some how to our lives. For me, that helps remind me that we cannot emerge from this life without the assistance of others, particularly the Savior Jesus Christ:
And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. 2 Nephi 31:21

And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world. 3 Nephi 11:11


Try as we might, we cannot make it through life alone, and gratefully we don't have to. Though our efforts are well meaning, they are futile except for the grace of the Savior Jesus Christ. Even after all we can do, it's not enough without him. 2 Nephi 25:23

At Christmastime and always, Jesus Christ is the Light of the World for all who seek him. For more Christmas videos, visit http://christmas.lds.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment